Horizon 900 MHz Radio, 72 Mbps, Wireless Ethernet and Serial Communications
- IndustrialMESH Self Healing Network Architecture
- 256/128-bit AES Security
- 5 to 10+ Mile Nominal Range
- Industrial Hardened Case
- Direct Outdoor Pole Mountable
- Extended Temperature Specifications
- Power over Ethernet (PoE+)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Serial RS-232 Communications Port
- GPS Location Module (optional)
Modes of Operation
- Ethernet Bridge Mode
- All Bridges can be Repeaters
- Available in all Access Point and Bridging Modes
- Access Point (AP)
- AP/Bridge, Router and Masquerade
- Station Modes (Mobile)
- Station Bridge
- Station Router
- Station Masquerade
- 256/128-bit AES Encryption
- Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)
- WPA Enterprise
- WPA Pre Shared Key (PSK) Compatible
- 128/64 Bit WEP Encryption
- Access Control List (ACL)
High Speed Wireless Ethernet
The ESTeem Horizon 900 MHz radio, designed for the rigors of the Industrial, Public Safety, and Federal markets, is the next generation radio with Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and a Legacy RS-232C data port. The Horizon 900 MHz radio modem provides wireless networking with RF data rates up to 72 Mbps, with a nominal 5 to 10+ mile range depending on the type of antenna used. Now you have greater bandwidth for all your control, video, and VoIP needs on one radio channel. Scalable Wireless networks over large geographical areas become a reality using the Horizon 900MHz MESH network feature. Every Horizon 900 MHz router can be configured in Station Mode to be used in mobile applications under a Horizon 900 radio canopy.
Horizon 900 Reduces Site Costs
Outdoor case design. The new NEMA 4 case design and weatherproofing kit allows the unit to be indoor or outdoor pole mounted in harsh environments. This feature eliminates the enclosure costs needed with other radios
Eliminates costly RF feed lines. Direct pole mounting eliminates feedline cost and high signal losses.
Lower installation costs. Simple pole mounting saves installation time and expense.
- High Security 256/128-bit AES Encryption – Horizon 900 MHz wireless radios use high-security AES encryption required in most municipal, public safety and federal applications.
- ESTeem Industrial MESH networking – The Horizon 900 utilizes ESTeem’s Industrial MESH networking for true scalable, self-healing network architectures
- ESTeem Dual Bridge – ESTeem’s exclusive Dual Wi-Bridge mode enables two isolated wireless bridged networks to run side-by-side, delivering two independent networks that seamlessly flow across a common wireless infrastructure for secure and segmented networking.
- ESTeem Memory Module – The Horizon 900 MHz radio modem stores all configuration information on replaceable flash memory module for rapid deployment or replacement.
- Optional GPS Module – The Horizon 900 can add an optional GPS module for location tracking of fixed and mobile devices.
- ESTeem 195E Compatibility – The Horizon 900 is downward compatible to operate with the ESTeem Model 195Ed.
Whether you need high-speed industrial Ethernet or serial communications, ESTeem can provide the wireless radios that meet your needs. Review the literature below and then be sure to contact us to put ESTeem’s expertise to work for you. All ESTeem products are designed and manufactured with pride in the United States of America.
- Horizon 900 Product Sheet
- Horizon 900 Accessories
- Horizon 900 Manual
- Horizon 900 Technical Bulletins
Other Horizon Options
We also offer Horizon industrial radios in the following frequencies:
Latest Horizon Series Software Version
Current Version: 201909101330 Release Date: September 19, 2019
A Technical Bulletin is available that outlines the changes and update procedure . For further instruction on how to update the modem, please contact ESTeem Customer Support at 509-735-9092 or follow the procedures in the User’s Manual. The firmware update file and instructions can be found on our FTP site.