Horizon 5.8 GHz, 300 Mbps, Ethernet and Serial Radios
- IndustrialMESH Self Healing Network Architecture
- Dual-Stream Transmission for High Throughput
- 256/128-bit AES Security
- 5+ Mile Nominal Range
- Industrial Hardened Case
- Direct Outdoor Pole Mountable
- Extended Temperature Specifications
- Power over Ethernet (PoE+)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Legacy Serial RS-232 Communications Port
- GPS Location Module (optional)
Modes of Operation
- Ethernet Bridge Mode
- All Bridges can be Repeaters
- Available in all Access Point and Bridging Modes
- Access Point (AP)
- AP/Bridge, Router and Masquerade
- Station Modes (Mobile)
- Station Bridge
- Station Router
- Station Masquerade
- 256/128-bit AES Encryption
- 802.11i Compatible
- WPA2 Compatible
- Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)
- WPA Enterprise
- WPA Pre Shared Key (PSK) Compatible
- 128/64 Bit WEP Encryption
- Access Control List (ACL)
High Speed Wireless Ethernet
Now you can have the highest wireless bandwidth for all your control, video, and VoIP needs on one radio channel, with ESTeem Horizon 5.8 Ethernet radios. Designed for the rigors of the Industrial, Public Safety, and Federal markets, these next generation wireless radios feature Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and a Legacy RS-232C data port.
Do your communication applications require wireless point to point connectivity? Scalable wireless networks over large geographic areas? WiFi communications with 3rd party mobile devices? The Horizon 5.8 provides all the wireless networking you need, with RF data rates up to 300 Mbps, scalable wireless networks via the Horizon 5.8 IndustrialMESH feature, and a configurable high-speed 802.11n protocol interface. Every Horizon 5.8 industrial wireless router can be configured in Station Mode under a Horizon 5.8 radio canopy for use in mobile applications. Depending on the type an antenna used, the 5.8 provides a nominal 5+ mile range.
Horizon 5.8 Wireless Radios Reduce Site Costs
Outdoor case design. The Horizon 5.8 industrial wireless router can be indoor or outdoor pole mounted in harsh environments, thanks to our NEMA 4 case design and weatherproofing kit. This feature eliminates the enclosure costs inherent with other radios.
Eliminates costly RF feed lines. With direct pole mounting, our wireless Ethernet radios eliminate the coax cost and high signal losses associated with wired systems.
Lower installation costs. Simple pole mounting means you can save installation time and expense.
- High Security 256/128-bit AES Encryption – Horizon 5.8 wireless radios use the high-security AES encryption required for many municipal, public safety and federal applications. For industrial wifi clients, this wireless router also provides compatibility with both IEEE 802.11i and WPA-2 encryption.
- ESTeem IndustrialMESH networking – ESTeem’s Horizon 5.8 IndustrialMESH networking provides the capability for true scalable, self-healing network architectures.
- ESTeem Dual Bridge – ESTeem’s exclusive Dual Wi-Bridge mode enables two isolated wireless bridged networks to run side-by-side, delivering two independent networks that seamlessly flow across a common wireless infrastructure for secure and segmented networking.
- ESTeem Memory Module – The Horizon 5.8 industrial radio can store all configuration information on a replaceable memory module for rapid deployment or replacement.
- Optional GPS Module – You can add an optional GPS module to your 5.8 industrial wireless router for location tracking of fixed and mobile devices.
- ESTeem 195E Compatibility – – The Horizon 5.8 is downward compatible to operate within an ESTeem Model 195Ea network.
Whether you need wireless point to point, industrial WiFi or other critical communication capabilities, Horizon 5.8 industrial radios deliver the speed, reliability and range your applications require. Review the literature below, or contact us now to learn more. All ESTeem products are designed and manufactured with pride in the United States of America.
- Horizon 5.8 Product Sheet
- Horizon 5.8 Accessories
- Horizon 5.8 Manual
- Horizon 5.8 Technical Bulletins
Other Horizon Options
We also offer Horizon industrial radios in the following frequencies:
Latest Horizon Series Software Version
Current Version: 201909101330 Release Date: September 19, 2019
A Technical Bulletin is available that outlines the changes and update procedure . For further instruction on how to update the modem, please contact ESTeem Customer Support at 509-735-9092 or follow the procedures in the User’s Manual. The firmware update file and instructions can be found on our FTP site.