Horizon 4.9 GHz, 72 Mbps, Ethernet and Serial Radio Modem
- IndustrialMESH Self Healing Network Architecture
- Licensed Municipal Exclusive Frequency Band
- 256/128-bit AES Security
- 5 to 10+ Mile Nominal Range
- Industrial Hardened Case
- Direct Outdoor Pole Mountable
- Extended Temperature Specifications
- Power over Ethernet (PoE+)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Serial RS-232 Communications Port
- GPS Location Module (optional)
Modes of Operation
- Ethernet Bridge Mode
- All Bridges can be Repeaters
- Available in all Access Point and Bridging Modes
- Access Point (AP)
- AP/Bridge, Router and Masquerade
- Station Modes (Mobile)
- Station Bridge
- Station Router
- Station Masquerade
- 256/128-bit AES Encryption
- Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)
- WPA Enterprise
- WPA Pre Shared Key (PSK) Compatible
- 128/64 Bit WEP Encryption
- Access Control List (ACL)
High Speed Wireless Ethernet
The ESTeem Horizon 4.9 GHz, radio modem is designed for the rigors of the Industrial, Public Safety, and Federal markets. Representing the next generation industrial radios, it features Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and a Legacy RS-232C data port. The Horizon 4.9 provides the fast, reliable networking you expect from an industrial wireless router, with RF data rates up to 72 Mbps and a nominal 5 to 10+ mile range, depending on the type of antenna. The 4.9 radio modem affords you greater bandwidth in the licensed municipal frequencies for all your wireless control, video, and voice over IP needs, all on one radio channel.
The Horizon 4.9 IndustrialMESH feature allows you to create scalable wireless networks over large geographical areas. As with every Horizon radio modem, you can configure the 4.9 in Station Modes for use in mobile applications under a Horizon 4.9 GHz radio canopy.
Lower Your Site Costs with the Horizon 4.9 Industrial Wireless Router
Outdoor case design. With our new NEMA 4 case design and weatherproofing kit, the 4.9 radio modem can be indoor or outdoor pole mounted in harsh environments, eliminating the enclosure costs associated with other radios.
Eliminates costly RF feed lines. Direct pole mounting allows you to avoid feedline cost and high signal losses.
Reduces installation costs. Simple pole mounting will save you installation time and expense.
- High Security 256/128-bit AES Encryption – The Horizon 4.9 industrial wireless router uses high-security AES encryption required in most municipal, public safety and federal applications.
- ESTeem Industrial MESH networking – ESTeem’s Industrial MESH networking allows for true scalable, self-healing network architectures using the Horizon 4.9
- ESTeem Dual Bridge – ESTeem’s exclusive Dual Wi-Bridge mode enables two isolated wireless bridged networks to run side-by-side, delivering two independent networks that seamlessly flow across a common wireless infrastructure for secure and segmented networking.
- ESTeem Memory Module – Our Horizon radio modem uses a replaceable flash memory module to store all configuration information for rapid deployment or replacement.
- GPS Module Option – By adding an optional GPS module, you can use the Horizon 4.9 for location tracking of fixed and mobile devices.
- ESTeem 195E Compatibility – The Horizon 4.9 is downward compatible to operate within an ESTeem Model 195Ep wireless network.
The Horizon 4.9 radio modem provides the reliability and speed you need for your point to point, point to multipoint or industrial access point applications. Review the literature below and then contact us for more details. All ESTeem products are designed and manufactured with pride in the United States of America.
- Horizon 4.9 GHz Product Sheet
- Horizon 4.9 Accessories
- Horizon 4.9 Manual
- Horizon 4.9 Technical Bulletins
Other Horizon Options
We also offer Horizon industrial radios in the following frequencies:
Latest Horizon Series Software Version
Current Version: 202101061259 Release Date: January 21, 2021
A Technical Bulletin is available that outlines the changes and update procedure . For further instruction on how to update the modem, please contact ESTeem Customer Support at 509-735-9092 or follow the procedures in the User’s Manual. The firmware update file and instructions can be found on our FTP site.