Horizon 2.4 GHz, 150 Mbps Industrial Wireless Ethernet & Serial Radios
- IndustrialMESH Self Healing Network Architecture
- 256/128-bit AES Security
- 5 to 10+ Mile Nominal Range
- Industrial Hardened Case
- Direct Outdoor Pole Mountable
- Extended Temperature Specifications
- Power over Ethernet (PoE+)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Serial RS-232 Communications Port
- GPS Location Module (optional)
Modes of Operation
- Ethernet Bridge Mode
- All Bridges can be Repeaters
- Available in all Access Point and Bridging Modes
- Access Point (AP)
- AP/Bridge, Router and Masquerade
- Station Modes (Mobile)
- Station Bridge
- Station Router
- Station Masquerade
- 256/128-bit AES Encryption
- 802.11i Compatible
- WPA2 Compatible
- Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)
- WPA Enterprise
- WPA Pre Shared Key (PSK) Compatible
- 128/64 Bit WEP Encryption
- Access Control List (ACL)
High Speed Wireless Ethernet
Designed for the rigorous Industrial, Public Safety, and Federal markets, ESTeem Horizon 2.4 industrial radios feature Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and a Legacy RS-232C data port. Whether you require an outdoor wireless or indoor industrial access point, this next generation wireless modem delivers wireless networking with RF data rates up to 150 Mbps, affording you greater bandwidth for all your control, video, and VoIP needs on one radio channel.
Horizon 2.4 industrial radios provide a nominal 5 to 10+ mile range depending on the type an antenna deployed. Using the Horizon 2.4 MESH feature, you can achieve scalable wireless networks over large geographical areas. Wi-Fi communications with 3rd party mobile devices are possible, thanks to the Horizon 2.4’s configurable high-speed 802.11n protocol interface. You can also configure all Horizon 2.4 models in Station Modes for use in mobile applications under a Horizon 2.4 radio canopy.
Horizon 2.4 Reduces Site Costs
Outdoor case design. Eliminate the enclosure costs required for other radios with our new NEMA 4 case design and weatherproofing kit. The Horizon 2.4 can be indoor or outdoor pole mounted, providing a critical indoor industrial or outdoor wireless access point in the harshest environments.
Eliminates costly RF feed lines. Direct pole mounting means feedline cost and high signal losses are no longer an issue.
Lower installation costs. You can save installation time and expense with our simple pole mounting.
- High Security 256/128-bit AES Encryption – Compatible with both IEEE 802.11i and WPA-2 encryption for Wi-Fi clients, Horizon 2.4 industrial radios use the high-security AES encryption required in most municipal, public safety and federal applications.
- ESTeem Industrial MESH networking – True scalable, self-healing network architectures are achievable with the Horizon 2.4 utilizing ESTeem’s Industrial MESH networking.
- ESTeem Dual Bridge – ESTeem’s exclusive Dual Wi-Bridge mode enables two isolated wireless bridged networks to run side-by-side, delivering two independent networks that seamlessly flow across a common wireless infrastructure for secure and segmented networking.
- ESTeem Memory Module – A replaceable flash memory module allows you to use the Horizon 2.4 to store all configuration information for rapid deployment or replacement.
- Option GPS Module – You can add an optional GPS module to use Horizon 2.4 wireless modems for location tracking of fixed and mobile devices.
- ESTeem 195E Compatibility – The Horizon 2.4 is downward compatible to operate with the ESTeem Model 195E network.
Like all Horizon models, the 2.4 provides outstanding industrial wireless Ethernet and serial communications support for applications requiring an outdoor wireless, WiFi or indoor access point. Contact ESTeem today for the speed, reliability and range you need for your critical communications systems. All ESTeem products are designed and manufactured with pride in the United States of America.
- Horizon 2.4 Product Sheet
- Horizon 2.4 Accessories
- Horizon 2.4 Manual
- Horizon 2.4 Technical Bulletins
Other Horizon Options
We also offer Horizon industrial radios in the following frequencies:
Latest Horizon Series Software Version
Current Version: 202101061259 Release Date: January 21, 2021
A Technical Bulletin is available that outlines the changes and update procedure . For further instruction on how to update the modem, please contact ESTeem Customer Support at 509-735-9092 or follow the procedures in the User’s Manual. The firmware update file and instructions can be found on our FTP site.