The following information is the complete technical library of the ESTeem wireless product line. If you are unable to find the information you are seeking, please contact customer support at 509-735-9092.
The following documents will help in the installlation and troubleshooing of your ESTeem wireless network.
The foundation of a reliable radio network is the RF Site Survey. The ESTeem Customer Support engineer performs on-site measurements and analysis to determine factors needed to design the RF data communications system including RF signal levels between all nodes, co-channel emitter frequencies, their signal strengths, and RF data quality. Additional design input is given on antenna selection and location, feedline requirements, and lightning/power protection for each node, as well as specific installation requirements as dictated by the customer's application. After completion of the analysis, a formal Site Survey Report is prepared to document the above findings and the installation/hardware requirements for the site.
Listed below are the major action items on site:
1. Upon arrival at the customer's site, ESTeem will perform a preliminary site walk-down with site engineer.
2. ESTeem will perform preliminary frequency checks to determine if other RF emitters or noise sources are present to determine operating frequency for the survey.
3. ESTeem will configure an wireless modems as a reference point and perform a site survey of all areas. This will be repeated as necessary with repeaters to ascertain total RF coverage needed.
4. ESTeem will perform field strength measurements of selected site locations before finalizing ESTeemeem placement and antenna placement.
5. ESTeem will setup and conduct an on-site Polling Diagnostic.
6. ESTeem will present preliminary findings to management prior to leaving customer site. ESTeem site engineer will submit to the customer a Site Survey Report and detailed Equipment List within five working days from return to ESTeem.
For more information on what will be completed during an ESTeem Site Survey, please refer to the following documentation:
ESTeem Wireless Modems can provide on-site support for your ESTeem radio network. We have a field engineering staff available for site support worldwide. The field engineer will have radio test equipment to identify, isolate and solve the problem with your communication system. Listed below are the major action items that will be performed during a site support trip:
Upon arrival at the customers site EST will perform a preliminary site walk down with site engineer. ESTeem will perform a radio frequency analysis around the customers frequency to determine if other RF emitters or noise sources are present. ESTeem will inspect all site installations. Antenna, coax and wireless modem installation will be reviewed and tested at each location.
1. ESTeem will perform field strength and standing wave (SWR) measurements of all site locations.
2. ESTeem will setup and conduct an on-site Polling Diagnostic to all remote sites.
3. ESTeem will present preliminary findings to management prior to leaving customer site.
4. ESTeem site engineer will submit to the customer a Trip Report with a detailed analysis of each site location and action items within five working days from return to the office.
For more information on ESTeem Site Support, browse the following Technical Bulletin:
EST can perform site commissioning for your new ESTeem radio network. An EST field engineer will be available on-site for any questions that arise during installation and startup. Our field engineers will have radio test equipment to verify the installation, signal strengths and ESTeem performance. We have experience with interfacing to most industrial controls system and most of the problems can be solved on site. Our field engineers are also qualified to perform training classes for employees on the operation and troubleshooting of the ESTeem radio network. Training materials and all documentation will be supplied while on site.
Electronic Systems Technology would like to provide assistance in obtaining a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) site license for your ESTeem radio modem site. To simplify the process of obtaining a FCC license for the ESTeem radio modem site, we recommend the use of a licensing assistance office (LAO) for turn-key licensing to reduce user frustration, processing time and filing costs.
The following are the recommended steps in obtaining a license: Determine a clear frequency of operation in your site area. Electronic Systems Technology can perform a formal on-site analysis (Site Survey) to determine a reliable operating frequency. If the frequency in operation is unknown, contact licensing assistance office and arrange for a frequency spectrum search in your area. Contact a recommended licensing assistance office and have them start the paperwork.
For more information on site licensing and recommended licensing assistance office please view the following Adobe PDF document:
The following are technical application papers for the ESTeem wireless products.
The following documentation will provide step-by-step assistance when configuration the ESTeem product for your PLC or RTU application:
The following are the detailed transceiver specifications for the ESTeem wireless modems:
The following documentation answers the frequently asked questions of the ESTeem products. There are also some product comparisons to some of the other wireless vendor’s hardware.