Horizon 2.4 GHz, 150 Mbps, Ethernet and Serial
- IndustrialMESH Self Healing Network Architecture
- AES Security
- 5 to 10+ Mile Nominal Range
- Industrial Hardened Case
- Direct Outdoor Pole Mountable
- Extended Temperature Specifications
- Power over Ethernet (PoE+)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Serial RS-232 Communications Port
- GPS Location Module (optional)
Modes of Operation
- Ethernet Bridge Mode
- All Bridges can be Repeaters
- Available in all Access Point and Bridging Modes
- Access Point (AP)
- AP/Bridge, Router and Masquerade
- Station Modes (Mobile)
- Station Router
- Station Masquerade
- AES Encryption
- 802.11i Compatible
- WPA2 Compatible
- Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)
- WPA Enterprise
- WPA Pre Shared Key (PSK) Compatible
- 128/64 Bit WEP Encryption
- Access Control List (ACL)
High Speed Wireless Ethernet
The ESTeem Horizon 2.4, designed for the rigors of the Industrial, Public Safety, and Federal markets, is the next generation wireless modem with Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and a Legacy RS-232C data port. The Horizon 2.4 provides wireless networking with RF data rates up to 150 Mbps, with a nominal 5 to 10+ mile range depending on the type an antenna used. Now you have greater bandwidth for all your control, video, and VoIP needs on one radio channel. Scalable Wireless networks over large geographical areas become a reality using the Horizon 2.4 MESH feature. The Horizon 2.4 utilizes a configurable high-speed 802.11n protocol interface for Wi-Fi communications with 3rd party mobile devices. All 2.4 can be configured in Station Mode to be used in mobile applications under a Horizon 2.4 radio canopy.
Horizon 2.4 Reduces Site Costs
Outdoor case design. The new NEMA 4 case design and weatherproofing kit allows the unit to be indoor or outdoor pole mounted in harsh environments. This feature eliminates the enclosure costs needed with other radios
Eliminates costly RF feed lines. Direct pole mounting eliminates feedline cost and high signal losses.
Lower installation costs. Simple pole mounting saves installation time and expense.
- High Security AES Encryption – The Horizon 2.4 uses the high-security AES encryption required in most municipal, public safety and federal applications. The Horizon 2.4 is also compatible with both IEEE 802.11i and WPA-2 encryption for Wi-Fi clients.
- ESTeem Industrial MESH networking – The Horizon 2.4 utilizes ESTeem’s Industrial MESH networking for true scalable, self-healing network architectures
- ESTeem Memory Module – The Horizon 2.4 stores all configuration information on replaceable flash memory module for rapid deployment or replacement.
- Option GPS Module – The Horizon 2.4 can add an optional GPS module for location tracking of fixed and mobile devices.
- ESTeem 195E Compatibility – The Horizon 2.4 is downward compatible to operate with the ESTeem Model 195E network.
- Horizon 2.4 Product Sheet
- Horizon 2.4 Accessories
- Horizon 2.4 Manual
- Horizon 2.4 Technical Bulletins
Latest Horizon Series Software Version
Current Version: 201704181132 Release Date: April 19, 2017
For instructions on how to update the modem, please contact ESTeem Customer Support at 509-735-9092 or follow the procedures in the User’s Manual. The User’s Manual and update file can be found on our FTP site.